"Making a difference for patients
right here at home in the North,
-- where we live, work, and play"

Bus Shelter compliments transit service at GR Baker Memorial in Quesnel

AUG 26, 2019

Bus Shelter compliments transit service at GR Baker Memorial in Quesnel

The bus shelter is complete! Residents of Quesnel travelling on the Northern Health Connections Bus are now able to keep out of the elements thanks to a partnership between the Spirit of the North Healthcare Foundation and the Cariboo Chilcotin Regional Hospital District (CCRHD). In 2018, the Spirit of the North approached the hospital district to partially fund a request that had been made by management at G.R. Baker Memorial Hospital. The CCRHD committed to cover 40 percent of the cost and, with the generosity of donors to the Spirit of the North Healthcare Foundation, the other 60 percent was funded. The bus shelter now provides a safer and more weather-protected location for patients and passengers to wait while enroute to healthcare locally or to the lower mainland. This represents a total project of close to $14,000.

“We appreciate when we can partner with local agencies on something that makes sense to affected residents,” said Judy Neiser, CEO for Spirit of the North Healthcare Foundation. “This will provide a much better solution for the long term.”

“It is great to see this bus shelter come to fruition as it has been a long-standing request from the community. Supporting and helping fund healthcare-related projects in the region is one of our main goals at the hospital district,” states Bob Simpson, chair of the Cariboo Chilcotin Regional Hospital District.

Contact Form

Please confirm that you are not a script by checking the box.
Newsletter Signup

Spirit of the North Healthcare Foundation
1475 Edmonton Street
Prince George, BC
V2M 1S2

T. (250) 565-2515
F. (250) 565-2595
Toll Free: 1-877-565-2515
E. 

HOURS
Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm